Bjornsborg 20th

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Mon Nov 11 15:20:36 PST 1996

In an effort to decide if the light weapons tournament style we had at
our Bjornsborg 20th Year Celebration would be something we might want
to try again I would appreciate any feedback anyone has on the format.
I know we did have a few areas that could certainly be improved upon,
not the least of which is to have a few more chances for everyone to
get out and fight, but I want to hear more.

Please feel free to comment whether you were there as a fighter,
marshall, active participant (such as handing out small prizes or even
just verbal accolades) or as someone who just wanted to catch a few
glimpses of what went on. What looked good about it and, more
importantly, what didn't you like about it?

If anyone feels they have some criticisms that they would prefer not
to make public I will gladly accept private e-mail to zarlor at acm.org.
I am assimilating the information only for my own edification and
compilation into a useful data set to make things better.

Just so you know where I'm coming from on this I happen to be very
interested in continuing this style of tournament, but I would hate to
try to do so when other participants would not really be interested.
[For those who did not attend, it was a tourney judged on honor and
style, instead of the usual tournament "tree" set-up, very similar to
the chivalric Tournie du Lyoness (sp?).] Would this be useful for
building an event around? Please let me know (although a non-response
is a response in itself can be construed as disinterest, so if you
have any interest, please say so.)

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)