Laurel Prize Tourney

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Sun Nov 10 22:26:28 PST 1996

<Lyonel y Aquilanne<amazing at mail.utexas.edu (dennis grace)>>
>I'm sorry, but this just won't do.  The good Laird's signature was longer
>than his posting.  SOMEone must have SOMEthing more detailed to say about
>this event.

My wife just returned from said event, and tried to list all the cool
and nifty things that were there and were shown, but my second-hand
descriptions are really inadequate to relating the efforts of the people
who made great efforts.

She *was* extremely pleased by the "Elizabethan Tailor's Shop" that was
displayed, although somewhat dismayed to hear that apparently the people
involved have been taking some flack since their return to the SCA for
the extreme levels of authenticity that they try to maintain.

Apparently the young people who had entered some displays, while
perhaps not always up to the absolute standards of the adults there,
were definately making efforts well worth seeing and encouraging.

I'm sorry I missed it.

Diarmuit