Baufer weapons

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Tue Oct 8 15:20:02 PDT 1996

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Dan Roberts wrote:

>     I understand this, and respect it, but I don't see why we cannot
> do other things with the kids.  Someone was telling me about some
> "kids equestrian" activities that went on at an event.  All the kids
> were invited to participate, and they had a mini competition
> like catching the rings with a lance.  But what they used were stick
> horses, and the plastic collapsible lances.  Supposedly the kids had
> an absolute blast.  It might not be quite so entertaining for the
> little bit older (pre-teen and teen) crowd, but I bet the rest of the
> kids wouldn't be able to remember when they had so much fun.  Surely
> we could come up with some similar ideas that wouldn't be defined as
> combat, but would let the kids feel like they were participating in
> it.

I wanna play, too!!  Where did the lances come from?  I was once supposed
to have had a children's archery, but it didn't happen for some reason or
other.  When I've done MOC, I've tended to do arts, and I've wanted (the
event where no kids really came) to sing easy period stuff and
create-your-own storytelling (with an eye to presenting at feast).

Kateryn