Football pants

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Mon Oct 14 21:57:59 PDT 1996

Heilsa Gnith and all other fighters (heavy) out there...

Kief here...in his guise as Marshal at Large.

>Hmm, here's another point for discussion -- How small of a knee wing can you
>safely get away with? I'd like to minimize my knee wings & wrap the edges w.
>tubing so they won't cut thru my bracae.
>
>Gnith
><swhite at onr.com>

Kingdom of Ansteorra  _Complete Participant's Handbook_  1995 Edition

Page 16 Section 3, G, Knee Protection:

"The kneecaps (including 1 inch above and 1 inch below) on both knees, as well
as both sides of the knee joint, are required to be covered as follows:

	1.  Knee armor will be constructed of rigid materials and will be
	    backed by a minimum of 3/8 inch of closed cell foam (or the
	    equivalent)."

No "wings" are required at all. As long as the cap and sides of the knee are
covered (by sides I would advise all the way back to the tendons behind the
knee) you are in good shape as concerns the rules. Remember, though, that these
rules set forth _minimum_ standards...safety is not guaranteed by the minimum
standards in all possible situations.

Marshally yours...

Sir Kief...

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."