What!? Summer Reruns Already??

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 22 16:33:05 PDT 1996

Aodhan wrote>
>Dia duit!
>
>dennis grace (or perhaps his s.o., the .sig was a bit confusing)
>wrote in a message to All:
>
>Didn't we just have a thread about taking offense for others?
>
>I can assure you Daniel meant no offense to anyone, but was, in fact, poking
>fun at himself, since he is (as one turn of phrase would have it) "as queer as
>a three dollar bill."
>
>I almost fell out of my chair, laughing at *him* making *that* joke.
>
>Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
>Dobharchu Herald

Dear Baron,

Dennis Grace/Lyonel Grace did not make the above posting, I forgot to turn
off his signature, which appeared directly below my name.

First, let me say I am relieved to hear the origin of the missive was
funning himself and not some homophobe airing his discriminations.  But I do
believe anyone can see the ease in that particular misunderstanding,
especially since I've never met the man.  Besides, I wasn't taking offense
for someone else; I was offended by the possible meaning in that missive.
Now I know better.  See, learn something every day.

Mst. Aquilanne Jessica Grace, ML, MP, Baroness, Bannthegn,
general-all-around-nice-person  :)