The Principality of Hell

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Oct 22 21:00:14 PDT 1996

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Gunnora Hallakarva <gunnora at bga.com> wrote:
> And what if the hypothetical and just for fun principality of Hell
> became the Kingdom of Hell?  Then they'd need the additional awards!

I dunno.  I think it'd be a lot simpler and still just as functional
to have just a few Kingdom awards (other than the SCA-wide ones):
- AoA-level awards for martial arts, service, and arts
- Grant-level, the same 3
- An award for personal service to the Crown
- maybe one or two special cases I've forgotten
and avoid all the proliferation.  I swear, someday the Middle Kingdom
is going to try to register the Dragon's Pizzle, for servicing the
Crown.  They've used about every other piece of dragon's anatomy for
specialized awards down to left-handed underwater basket weaving.

Actually, I'd nuke the entire SCA award and rank hierarchy to the
ground and then salt the ground, and start over from first principles.

But I digress.

--
Daniel de Lincoln
                             Tim McDaniel