Black Oak Keep

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Fri Oct 25 12:31:41 PDT 1996

Everybody should think seriously about attending the Black Oak Keep
Championship.  (No this isn't a paid political announcement, just my
opinion.)

It is one of the most enjoyable events I attend and it reminds me of events
in the "Good Old Days" where everybody goes there to have fun.  Everyone
watches the fighting and plays at the archery, we all gather together at
feast and then group around the bardic fire.  The main thing is that we all
do it TOGETHER.   (Remember togetherness?)  No Circles, no splitting off into
groups of that region or those Households.  The fighters have fun, the food's
good, and the mead is free.  What more could you ask for?

Besides, if anyone needs further encouragement, the loot is GREAT!  The
fighters, archers, and artisans all get very nice prizes of Framed Scrolls,
bright yellow mugs declaring to the world how wonderful you are, sewn items
(tunics or cloaks or mantling or whatever), and (most importantly) YOU GET
YOUR VERY OWN FOOD NAMED AFTER YOU!!!!

That's right, the Black Wolf Tavern will name a dish after the Chivalric and
Duello champions to be served at Steppes Warlord.  Join in the ranks of "Sir
Gunthar in a Blanket", "Don Miguel on a Stake", and the infamous "Sir Mahdi's
Flaming Infidel"!  We have even cooked up some other ideas, think about the
"Peachy Kein", "Alishkabobs" or "Dieterwurst".  Who could resist?

Ask anyone who has attended the previous events, this is fun.  Please think
about it, we guarantee that we will love you.

I know that this is not a forum for event announcements, but because of the
unfortunate accident about the Black Star I wished to drum up some support.
And besides, the event really _is_ fun.

You may flame me and kick me off now.

Yers,

Gunthar