Black Oak Keep

Koch, KA Kimberly 4384 KochKA at gvl.esys.com
Fri Oct 25 07:27:50 PDT 1996

Greetings all!
Due to some kind of mistake or misunderstanding (I'm not sure of the
circumstances yet myself), apparently the event announcement for Black Oak
Keep's Championship Tourney did not make it into the November Black Star.
 There is an ad in October's Black Star, but it is lacking both the menu and
the directions.  I have included the correct ad text below.  If you or
anyone you know is planning on going to this event, please help us spread
the word and get the directions out (same site as last year, for anyone who
went).  Feel free to call me or e-mail me with questions (or suggestions).
 My phone number and e-mail address are both listed in the ad text.
BTW, both lists will be run by our great friend, Don Miguel, who has been
both our Champion (last year) and our Cavalier (twice!)  We love him,
really, but it sure would be nice to give someone else the job for a change.
 ;)  We're a small group, but the event is always a lot of fun.   We'd love
to see you there!
In service,
Ly Thyra

The Shire of Black Oak Keep announces its Fourth Annual Championship
Tournament

November 22-24

The Shire of Black Oak Keep invites all to come celebrate our fourth
championship with us.  The site is wet and very primitive.  Ground fires are
permitted.  The gate will open at 5 p.m. Friday night and close by 2 p.m.
Sunday.

The scheduled activities include:
Saturday:
     Championship List
     Cavalier List
     Period Games
     Children*s Activities
     Archery Competition - throughout the day on Saturday.
     Non-competition Bardic Circle - bring largesse!
     Artisan Competition - popular vote
Sunday:
     Schlager Practice - you must be authorized in schlager to participate

The feast is planned to include:
     Bread and Assorted Butters
     Green Salad
     Potato Chowder
     Herbed Chicken
     Brisket
     Fruit Pies

Seating is very limited, so please bring your own tables and chairs when at
all possible. The autocrat or feastocrat should be contacted for special
dietary requirements.

Site fee is $8.00, children under 18 half price, children under 5 free.
 Feast is free (and so is the mead!)  No minors will be admitted without a
parent or a waiver.  Make checks payable to SCA, Inc. - Shire of Black Oak
Keep.

Directions:  Take your best route to I-30 east of Dallas.  Take exit 94A
(Hwy 69N); go north approximately 10 miles to FM 2194.  Go west (left)
approximately 4 miles and look for the SCA sign.

Autocrat:                          Feastocrat:
Ly. Thyra of Black Oak Keep                  Ld. Eagle O*Ryan
mka Kim Koch                            mka Eagle
6011 I-30 #217                          Rt 1 Box 221-A1
Greenville, Texas 75402                      Bonham, TX 75418
(903) 455-5599                          (903)640-3319
kochka at gvl.esys.com                     eagle at aol.com