Using the Web for Documentation?

V. Allan Endel endel at tarleton.edu
Fri Oct 25 11:07:23 PDT 1996

At 01:27 PM 10/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>What are your opinions and suggestions on using the Web for documentation?
> Have you seen it cited as a source yet?  I've found all sorts of papers,
>articles, images and helpful  books. Great Britian especially seems to be
>bent on putting it's entire history on the web. There is the Beowulf
>manuscript, the Bayeux tapestry, both copies of the Magna Carta, and the
>Lindisfarne Gospels. Not to mention the friends of Sherwood Forest (trying to
>preserve it).
>
>I am not suggesting using the web as a replacement to trudging down to the
>library and museams, etc., and doing research, but as an added source. Many
>universities are publishing thier latest research and papers on the web.
>
>Opinions?
>
>Sigrid

I know that the professors here at Tarleton are allowing students to use the
Internet as a source for their research, and in at least some cases make its
use mandatory. And as access increases, I am sure that use for documentation
is going to increase.
Alan
V. Allan Endel, Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum of House Mac an Ghabhann and
Keep of
the Haunted Grove, resident of the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor and the Barony
of Elfsea

Support freedom of speech on the internet.  Allow children on the information
superhighway only if accompanied by a responsible adult!