Children's Activities

APRIL L GILLILAN agillil at okstate.edu
Fri Oct 11 08:44:35 PDT 1996

	I just read the talks about getting children more involved in
fighting.  VIVAT!!  As a teenage child of the SCA, the frustration of
not being able to fight is tremendous.  All I could do was sit, watch,
and be a waterbearer.  I turned 18 4 months ago and began fighting. It
looked so easy from the spectators point of view, but now I am learning
different.  If there is some way that children could be incorporated
into the fighting process, even something as simple as classes teaching
the correct names of weapons or the different shots that are used, would
make us feel more like we belonged and even help out when we are old
enough to fight.  Anything is better than nothing.
	If I can help in any way, please let me know.  Omce I learn
everything, I would be more than willing to teach some of these classes.

Gilyan of Mooneschadowe