The Principality of Hell

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sun Oct 20 13:58:15 PDT 1996

>Mari ferch Rathtyen suggested:
>>And besides, if we were going to give the heralds fits over something and
>>take a name from mythology, I have to go with Hell.  Anyone living in
>>south-central Texas knows how appropriate this is.  And think of the
>>great euphemisms!  Our royals could be the Prince and Princess of
>>Darkness, our fighters could be the Legions of Hell.  Peerage circles
>>could be affectionately known as the Infernos...
>
>Mari, I will say it again.  You are Eeeviiilll!  The mantle of the Evil
>Listress has fallen upon thy shoulders!  I love it.
>
>Some possible awards given in the Principality of Hell

snip

>Target Archery: The Award of the Flaming Arrow.  Badge:  an arrow with a
>ball of flame replacing the head.
>
>Combat Archery: The Award of the Brimstone Bow.  Badge: a flaming bow.

snip

>Combined Skill in Chivalric, Rapier and Archery Combat:  Companion to the
>Order of Cerberus (cooloquially, holders opf this award would be known as
>"Hell-Hounds").  Badge:  a three-headed dog.
snip

>Wassail,
>
>::GUNNORA::
>

>Gunnora Hallakarva
>Herskerinde
>Ek eigi visa (th)ik hversu o(dh)lask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna
>heldr hversu na Hersis-A(dh)al

You know the longer this goes on the more I like it. "The Principality of
Hell" recognizes archers befor the Kingdom of Ansteorra does. Perhapps theis
could be the proding that the Kingdom needs to honor its archers.
Plachoya Sobaka a most insignificant archer in Ravens Fort (Plachoya Sobaka
is Russian for bad dog)