Principalities

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Mon Sep 16 13:11:00 PDT 1996

From:	MX%"ansteorra at eden.com" 16-SEP-1996 12:26:48.40
To:	MX%"ansteorra at eden.com"
CC:	MX%"BaronesKat at aol.com"
Subj:	Re: Principalities

/(Just another $0.02 worth.....)
/
/I was also under the impression that the proposed principalities
/would only be "Crown Principalities" - which, I've been told,
/means that the principalities would exist solely for the
/purpose of better administration (not for a coronet list).
/Kind-of like our already existing regional structure, but a
/little more official and (hopefully) more effective.  I was also
/under the impression that it would not happen in the near future.

I don't understand how more official 3 principalities for administrative
purposes would be any more official than the 5 regions we now have.

deleted -

/Don't let this be one of those things that gets misunderstood from
/the start because people have incorrect or incomplete information.
/As this issue has the potential to be VERY inflamatory, get the facts
/FIRST.

I agree

/To my knowledge this idea hasn't been formalized in a written
/proposal - maybe this would be a good thing to suggest to the "powers
/that be".

Announcing it in a court is as about as formal as the SCA can get beyound
a formal poll.

/Try to keep in mind, although we are all free to discuss this amongst
/ourselves (on or off the net), there is only one means which is
/official.  If you really want your opinion to make a difference,
/write it down, put a stamp on it, and send it to the people making
/the decisions.
/
/As they have said many times, this Crown does not appreciate
/individuals that like to "stir the pot" and cause dissention.  They
/will make a very hard-line decision (that we will ALL have to live
/with) if they feel they must - as was the case in the recent past.
/I'm sure they feel they are acting in the best interests of the kingdom
/as a whole - whether or not we agree with them.

On this one the crown should have at least informed all the seneschals
and Landeds in writing at once. Having only sketchy information out there
and no way to refer to a written source (memories are no on the whole
reliable especially when you can't hear stuff going on in court half the
time) just promotes more misunderstanding. People will go off on what
they thought they heard and what they thought it means.

/Just a note to those who seem so eager to cut Oklahoma and the Texas
/panhandle off from the rest of the Kingdom:

/Gee, it's nice to feel so loved and appreciated!

No-one I know wants to cut any of our kingdom off. Our diversity makes us
strong!!!!

I have seen a lot of North/South/West tension which was stupid in the
first place. Didn't we split the kingdom up into 5 admin districts in the
first place to balance the power and to buffer this tension (as well as
to make a more efficient administration rather than a solely reactive one)

If they formally split and name the principalities this will just add to
the tension.

Question: How will the crown's travel be reduced if we split into crown
principalities? Crown principalities as I understand it have no royalty.
We currently get the landeds, Royal family and Court B&B's to handle
most of this stuff any way.

Lorraine
/Bs. Kat MacLochlainn
/Barony of Wiesenfeuer
/
/(I think I'll sit down and shut up now....sorry for being
/long-winded, but then, you seldom hear from me anyway.....) :-)
/