Principalities

Rik Packham/Angus mac Taggart aquinas at eden.com
Tue Sep 17 08:01:16 PDT 1996

> (oh yeah, we CAN get rid of the fire ants... I don't think I'd miss
them.)

Cute, Caladin, but I must agree. Down with the fire ants. Up with
ANSTEORRA.

Though, what Baron Jeremy said last night during our (Bryn Gwlad's)
business meeting rings true: The Kingdom of Ansteorra is coming to a point
where is will be forced to split into principalities. (What has just been
said has been duelly <SP?> paraphrased)

I see what Jeremy has said as being true. But (I'm full of but's and
though's today ;-) I also see that the reasons for this movement that TRM
and the Kingdom Seneschal are trying to get started are not necessarily the
reasons that should be listed. The issue of dropping or decreasing the
amount of paperwork seems to be a dream that will never come to pass, which
seems to be _THE_ issue. During the meeting last night, listening to
members of the populace that have gone through changes of this magnetude, I
learned that the paperwork issue will be the same if not worse until the
Kingdom splits off to form other kingdoms. The Kingdom Seneschal will be
getting the same amount of paperwork, just it will be coming from _3_
principalities instead of _5_ regions.

Instead, we should be looking for other issues that will benefit the
Kingdom. Issues like the fact that instead of _one_ crown there will be
_one_ crown and _three_ coronets visiting and holding court at one time.
The princes and princesses will have fewer holdings to visit, thus giving
the smaller shires, cantons and colleges of having a royal court at one of
their events. It will remove alot of the stress and strain from the Crown
to be everywhere at once. They will not feel as if They are neglecting
Their people of Their smaller holdings because They cannot attend their
events.

With the size of Ansteorra, the reality of principalities _IS_ there. There
is not a kingdom of our size (geographically or population) that has not
formed principalities. Principalities will be taking shape in Ansteorra
sooner or later. I think (I know, bring out the flame extinguishers ;-)
that we, as a Kingdom, should begin the process off calmly looking over the
issues involved in the creation of principalities. I am not saying, "Lets
dive in and to H at ll with the results!" What I am saying is lets begin this
process now, when the issue is not being forced down our throat by a
faction of the populace that have a gripe with the Kingdom. The issues are
before us. Lets rationally discuss them and their ramifications.

I love the Kingdom of Ansteorra. I love to see friends and aquaintences of
mine wearing the black and gold tabards and displaying the Ansteorran Star.
I love to, when at the end of a court, yell, "VIVAT, ANSTEORRA!" Like
Caladin, it sends a wave of euforia that I would sorley <SP?> miss if I was
part of another kingdom, be it a former holding of Ansteorra or otherwise.
But it would be something far worse to see the Kingdom that I call home
fracture and split because of conflict and strife than one that had come to
an aggreement over the issues that face us now.

The Kingdom of Ansteorra is magnificent. The poplace is varied and diverse.
That makes us strong. Lets turn that strength to a useful endevour and
discuss, debate and vote for or against this proposal as fits _you_.

In service to the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
In service to the Dream.

VIVAT ANSTEORRA!
VIVAT THE DREAM!