principalities... Up-date...

Lee Forgue eilis at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 17 10:05:29 PDT 1996

At 09:07 AM 9/17/1996 -0500, Sir Burke wrote:
>A "Crown Principality" is more or less a region with arms and a name.

This part is right.

>It currently requires a waiver from the BOD because there is no formal
>procedure in current corperate documents concerning it.

Actually, no.  No waiver from the Board.  No approval of the Board.  Crown
Principality is not defined in the current Corporate documents, so not
regulated.  The bestshort explanation is "Principality with training
wheels".  The Board will be discussing whether or not to define and regulate
Crown Principalities in the near future.

>NO Principality can be MADE to split off of the Kingdom without a poll of
>the populace and the approval of the BOD.  Remember that a Principality is
>STILL a part of the Kingdom.  Many Kingdoms already have Principalities.
>Not all Principalities will become Kingdoms.]

This part is also totally correct.  I live in a Kingdom that is (almost)
totally split into Principalities -- and the one I live in will never be a
separate Kingdom.  Principalities can be fun -- I intend to enjoy myself at
the Mists-Cynagua War this weekend (complete with dueling Principality
Bards!), and quite enjoy Coronet Tourneys and Investitures in both of our
mainland Principalities.  (I admit that I don't get to Lochac (Australia) or
Oertha (Alaska) as often as I would like.)

  --- eilis, Board Ombudsthing for Ansteorra
      Subject of the Kingdom of the West, Principality of the Mists