Event announcements

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Thu Sep 19 03:17:40 PDT 1996

>Plachoya Sobaka says:
>
>I liked having the calendar being posted on the net, which is no longer
>being done. One could then cross post it to neighboring Kingdoms net pages.
>Yes once a month you would get a 10 or 15 k email form the Kingdom of
>Waybegone, but it can be put in the trash with ease.
>

>Are you talking about the simple line calender with just the event name
>and the date? Or are you talking about the event descriptions such as
>appear currently in the BlackStar?
>
>The former only works for well-known reoccuring events. The latter would
>however be a good way to let other kingdom people know of events.
>
>I'm not sure from your description if you mean kingdom mail lists or
>kingdom Web pages.
>
>If there were event announcements on every kingdoms Web page, it would also
>let someone flying into another kingdom for business or whatever, to quickly
>find out if there is an event they would like to attend in that area while
>they were there.
>

>Stefan li Rous
>markh at risc.sps.mot.com

I was talking about the mail list but they could also put a more compleat
announcement on a web page for interested members to look up.
Single line like is in the back cover of the Black Star. It would tell you
when and were events were going on and if you did not have some thing local
that was of interest you could check into other areas.
Plachoyy