Event announcements

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Fri Sep 20 16:42:10 PDT 1996

On 18 Sep 1996, Mark Harris wrote:

> Are you talking about the simple line calender with just the event name
> and the date? Or are you talking about the event descriptions such as
> appear currently in the BlackStar?
>
> If there were event announcements on every kingdoms Web page, it would also
> let someone flying into another kingdom for business or whatever, to quickly
> find out if there is an event they would like to attend in that area while
> they were there.

A combination would serve nicely.  The line list on these mailing lists
with hopefully a contact e-address.  It certainly would be nice to have
event fliers on a well-advertised web-page (at the very least as a
travelouge for us broke people...) for when one doesn't always have a
newsletter (we're moving eventually, and it can take time to cange
addresses, or at least it did when I was a dorm-rat).

...And then there was that lovely year I filled out my form thinking I was
at
school (Calon) and signed up for my extra newsletter (Ansteorra), but I
was at home at the time (Ansteorra)...

Lady Kateryn Heathrydge