email correspondence

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Fri Sep 20 10:23:31 PDT 1996

From:	MX%"ansteorra at eden.com" 20-SEP-1996 10:22:55.91
To:	MX%"stddly at SHSU.edu",MX%"ansteorra at eden.com"
CC:
Subj:	Re: email correspondence

/> Above what Elis writes about it being a past ruling, I think it might not
/> be a bad thing that it is not considered official correspondance. I have
/> seen many missives that were extemely reactionary that have been sent on
/> the net (including my own at times) that if thought out would have been
/> more constructive. People still have a tendancy to think of themselves
/> as distanced from what they write and send on the net (though this is
/> changing).
/
/
/I agree Lorraine, if you are talking about group discussions like we
/have on the various lists. I don't think that we should necessarily
/condemn individual/personal email. There are problems with it, most
/certainly but there are problems with any means of communication.
/Even face to face communications are likely to be missunderstood. And
/I have had to appologize more than once for engaging mouth with brain
/in neutral. I am a lot less likely to do so when I have to type up
/the correspondence.

I don't think we should condemn personal E-mail. But it takes a lot less
time to buzz off stuff  on the net and sometimes it is really better if
it takes even an extra hour to an extra day to think about it.
People tend to be more knee-jerk in their reactions.
/
/Will you and Sir Kief be coming down to "A Day In Scotland" this
/weekend?  Ooops, you have "Defender of the Fort" this weekend. [How's
/that for getting in plugs for both events? <gr>]

Great Plug! I really wish we could get out there more often, but being Rvft
is our home group.... Hope things go well, It is absolutely beautiful here
and looks like we may even be able to light the bonfire Saturday night.

/
/Later,
/Larkin
/===
/If you have a friend you trust well,    | Lord Larkin O'Kane
/        go often to see him;            | Trelac, Ansteorra
/for brush and high grass will overgrow  | Charlie Cain
/        the road on which no one walks  | San Angelo, Texas, USA
/-- Havamal                              | larkin at webstar.net
/
/

Safe journey