Principalities: "baby steps" Proposal (l

Deborah Sweet dssweet at Okway.okstate.edu
Fri Sep 20 17:00:20 PDT 1996

Pug wrote:
>The 2 main advantages of Principalities, that I saw, could be
>accomplished by this as well. 1) Some high important "crown" figure
>goes to more small events. 2) The calander conflict checking could be
>done by this regions.

>Of course you could get rid of 2 by only conflict checking within the
>current region setup. Those "big" events should be conflict checked by
>the people scheduling them *if* they care.

It was my understanding that the calendar *IS* checked for conflicts by
the Kingdom Seneschal. The problem is that there are five regions that
could each have an event on the same weekend, *theoretically*.

As an example look at this month:

September 1996
6-8   Bryn Gwlad Baronial Championship - (Austin TX)
      Battle of the Pines - Graywood (Lufkin TX)
      Mooneschadowe Guardian - (Stillwater OK)
13-15 Stargate Baronial Championship - Stargate (Houston TX)
      William Marshal Tourney - Falcon's Ridge (Altus AFB)
20-22 Defender of th eFort - Raven's Fort (Huntsville TX)
      Wastelands Defender III - (Enid OK)
      A Day in Scotland - Mendersham (Abilene TX)
27-29 Elfsea Defender - Elfsea (Ft. Worth TX)
      Fall Event - Fynnon Gath (San Marcos TX)

The first weekend has 3 events (southern, central, northern). The second
weekend has 2 events (coastal and northern). The third weekend has 3
events (southern, northern, western). And the fourth weekend has 2
events (central and southern). Three for the north, 3 for the south, 2
central, 1 each coastal and western. No northern group wants to put an
event up against Elfsea Defender because it is so physically close to
the northern region and it is popular to go to. I'm sure other
conclusions could be drawn about the Texas' events, but I'm not very
good at Texas geography.

Estrill