Principalities

V. Allan Endel endel at tarleton.edu
Mon Sep 23 12:11:24 PDT 1996

One item that I have not noticed being brought up is that some groups' events
may suffer under the principalities.  In the Western Region there is a great
deal of unity and support toward each other's events.  Under the plan which has
tentatively been put forward part of that region would become part of a northern
principality, but most of the region would be part of a central principality
which would stretch all the way from the western border of Ansteorra clear to
the eastern border.  And judging by this weekend's attendance at Mendersham's
A Day in Scotland, the groups in the eastern end are not going to attend events
much west of the DFW area. As far as I know, the only attendees from the Central
Region were myself and two from Lindenwood.  There were two others from the
Northern region.  Everyone else was from the West, and a number were from areas
that would become part of the proposed northern principality.  IMHO, groups in
the present Western Region will likely be worse off under the principalities as
their presently suggested boundaries would be.

One thing puzzles me.  If this idea of principalities is so wonderful, why
aren't we hearing from the ones who proposed it to the Crown and kingdom
seneschal?  I would like to hear what their reasoning is.  Until I hear from
those people themselves and can see that they are willing to stand up for what
they propose, I can only vote no.
Alan
V. Allan Endel, Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum of House Mac an Ghabhann and
Keep of
the Haunted Grove, resident of Dragonsfire Tor and the Barony of Elfsea

Support freedom of speech on the internet.  Allow children on the information
superhighway only if accompanied by a responsible adult!