Calendar on the WWW

Richard Bainter pug at interval.net
Tue Sep 24 11:41:25 PDT 1996

> It would not do this.  As I said, a percentage of our SCA membership
> dues is the primary source of funding for the production of the Black
> Star.  We don't sell subscriptions, per se.  The Black Star (and all
> it contains) is a direct benefit available only to paid members.

That may not be true. *If* I read the request for Deputy Kingdom
Chronicler correctly, they plan on putting the BS on the net. I don't
know how they plan on controlling access to it, if at all.

> >> If the calendar is available outside our official
> >>publication, where is the incentive to become a paid member?  Are we not
> >>doing the organization as a whole a disservice?
> >This where I do not have the experience to make any
> >arguments. I think we could be doing a great service by making
> >information we would normally receive easier to retrieve.
> Sure, it would be a great service.  Especially to those who do not
> pay their memberships.

Uhh. Knowing there is an event in Waco doesn't help me much if I don't
have a clue where to go, how much it costs, if they allow pets, etc. It
just makes it convient for future planning of your personal calendar.

But then again, some local groups are posting event announcements on
here and on the web. Guess they want more than just the people who get
the BS or would rather make information easily available for all. *smile*

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something