Calendar on the WWW

Richard Bainter pug at interval.net
Wed Sep 25 05:56:35 PDT 1996

> >That may not be true. *If* I read the request for Deputy Kingdom
> >Chronicler correctly, they plan on putting the BS on the net. I don't
> >know how they plan on controlling access to it, if at all.
> I was thinking of what was actually available at the present time.

Well that is always changing or atleast one hopes. *smile*

> I haven't heard much about the Deputy Kingdom Chronicler's
> position, but I *thought* it was more about creating a web page
> for the Kingdom, rather than putting the entire Black Star on the
> net

As I understand it, it would be both, and then some. This is only
gleamed from a small amount of information in the BS though. (I admit
some of it could be my desires to see things on-line.)

> - at least that's what I thought was brought up at the GOofS
> meeting at Coronation.

I unfortunately don't attend those meetings, so I don't know what was
actually discussed, just what was presented in the BS.

> I could be wrong though, its pretty easy to miss the
> finer details of a topic.

Especially during wonderful officer meetings. Or any meeting for that
matter. *sigh*

> I would think that putting our entire Kingdom
> Newsletter on the net might require approval (or at least the
> consideration of) the Corporate Chronicler.

That certainly could be, but I don't know the limitations of what are to
be considered for the web pages and what not. My understanding is that
there was information that came down on the officialness and what can
and can't be made available, but I don't know what it is.

> To be honest, that's an office I'm not very familiar with.  It could have
> already been approved and I still wouldn't know it.

It's supposed to be approved this weekend at Elfsea. (At least I think
that's the event I was told it would be decided.) As well, the details
of what will and won't be made available will then become more clear.
(At least to the person doing the job, I hope. *wink*)

> Well...... I guess maybe it is easier for a paid member to gain
> access to important information about the events they want to
> attend. :-)   However, it isn't impossible for non-members to get the
> info they need

Very true or we wouldn't have non-members at events.

> However,
> as has been said previously, those of us with net access are
> definitely the minority.

Yes, but are we the ones more likely to travel to events since some of
this group have to pay for their access? Obviously we have at least some
money to burn. (Yeah, right.) *wink*

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something