principalities...border

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Sep 25 17:55:07 PDT 1996

>Huh? Perhaps I'm missing something but how do the other kingdoms handle
>this? What exactly are their lines of fealty? This doesn't sound different
>from the situation that other kingdoms have faced. Or is fealty in
>Ansteorra different from that in other kingdoms?
>
>Do the kingdoms with principalities handle this situation differantly from
>each other? If they all handle the situation the same, why shouldn't we?

I think that you must first swear fealty to your Crown, then to your Coronet.

Hmm. Doesn't match any medieval culture I'm aware of.  Do you mean that
when the fealty conflicts, the Crown comes first or do you just mean that
you must physcially swear fealty to the Crown and then (perhaps later the
same day) swear fealty to the Coronet.

Again, is true of all SCA kingdoms with principalities?

Stefan li Rous
<<<<<

Burke McCrory
Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald