Membership fees

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Sep 23 11:51:46 PDT 1996

Sir Lyonel asks:

I recently saw a reference claiming the SCA subscribing membership had
recently gone up $10. According to the SCA Web page, subscribers currently
pay $35.  I seem to recall the price going from $25 to $35 about two years
ago (after over a year of persuant bitching and moaning).  My tripartite (or
quatrapartite) question:  1) is the price now $35 or $45?  If $35, how does
this constitute a recent change?

I was the one who made the original comment. It is currently $35. And yes, I
consider the price increase "recent". Two years ago was not that long ago.
It wasn't until recently that most of the changes of that chaotic year were
negated or their reverberations died down. (The increase was one of the
things
that stayed). I have only been in the SCA for seven years. There are many
people who have been in much longer. Two years is "recent" history.

The point I was trying to make was with the amount of "persuant bitching and
moaning" over that increase (the first in many, many years) what makes you
think that an increase due to needing one or two additional kingdom
newsletters
or principality newsletters, will be accepted with any less "bitching and
moaning"?

I didn't say this was a deciding factor, just a point to be considered.

Stefan li Rous