Pros and Cons of Principalities (wasRe: principalities)

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Sep 23 13:25:43 PDT 1996

CONS:
>Personal feelings being hurt by the break-up of the whole.
>Administrative difficulties for initially setting these up.
>A LARGER event calendar, initially, to cover Kingdom AND Principality
>	level events, as well as local ones.
>Arguments over who gets the name "Ansteorra"<comment snipped>

PROS:
>The ability to travel within a smaller Kingdom more easily.
>An easement on the event calendar on the local level in the long term.
>The ability to better define our regional differences.<comment snipped>
>The ability to experience a different Kingdom culture more easily
>The ability of regions to band together more easily, better defining
>    their own culture and allowing for new areas of diversity.<comment snipped>
>Alleviation of personal feelings being hurt by some Crown from some
>    "furin'" region ruling the Kingdom in ways your region doesn't appreciate.
>Better chance for smaller events to get noticed and be attended within
>    a smaller Kingdom. (Goes along with the calander easement above.)

Also, as a peer, another Pro would be that Peers would hopefully be able to
travel to all parts of their new Principalities/eventual Kingdoms and would
therefore have a better knowledge of who the upcoming candidates for the
various Peerages are, and how their skills stack up.  Right now I've found
that I don't get to travel much to Oklaholma, and OK Laurels don't always
make it as far south as Bjornsborg, for instance...  I have to say that
while it IS NOW my responsibility to get my fat *** up to the northern
reaches and to learn about candidates up there, the mundane reality is that
I can't always afford it in terms of $$ or of time (I usually have to take
at least one day off from work for travel time if I don't want to be
completely exhausted at work the next week).  In this sense, the Peers of
all flavors could better serve the Kingdom/Principality in which they reside
just by hopefully being better informed.

Just another thought to stack with the discussion!

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde