Pros and Cons of Principalities (wasRe: principalities)

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Tue Sep 24 22:52:45 PDT 1996

Heilsa Gunnora, Well Met Galen, and Hearty Greetings to all...

IMO, it doesn't matter whether there are principalities or not. The Peerage
Circles would _still_ have to vote on _all_ candidates from _all_ corners of
the Kingdom. Rembember, the common thought on this proposal is that the Kingdom
would "overlay" all three principalities. Also, and I may be mistaken on this,
the Crown would still be the only folk that could create a Peer. Therefore,
the Peerage, being members of the Kingdom would still have to strive for
knowledge of all the candidates.

IMO, the Peerage _and_ the prospective "____________" (fill in your fave Peerage)
should each make the effort to travel to all corners of the Kingdom. If this
is not possible then travel as extensivily as they can. We, as Peers, have
taken an Oath to teach, and assist in the process of candidate advancement.
Likewise, the prospective Peer needs to make the effort to become well known
by the populace at large and the various Circles.

So, in my eyes, the problem would not go away with the introduction of
principalities. Same area, same travel, same Circles, no change...

In Respect and Love for my Brother and Sister and all those that read these
words...I remain...

...your most staunch Ally.

Sir Kief av Kiersted

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."