principalities...borders/Regional differences...

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Wed Sep 25 09:17:26 PDT 1996

At 09:41 AM 9/25/96 -0500, you wrote:

>>(NOTE! THIS IS NOT ANY TYPE OF "OFFICIAL" PROPOSAL FROM EITHER
>>CROWN OR KINGDOM SENESCHAL! Just my thoughts! Sir Kief.)
>>
>>For instance:
>>
>>The "Northern principality" would consist of Barony Bonwick, Barony Eldern
>>Hills, Barony Namron, Barony Wiesenfeuer, and the soon to be Barony
Northkeep,
>>Shire Adlesruhe, and then all of the current Northern Region. This would
give
>>that principality 5 baronies and 6 other groups.
>>
>>The "Western principality" would consist of Barony Elfsea, Barony Bryn
Gwlad,
>>Barony Bjornborg and all groups west of a line that includes Shire
Emerald Keep
>>and Incipient Shire River in the Trees. (Mundanely Waco and Victoria). This
>>would give that principality 3 (large and strong) Baronies, and 12 other
>>groups.
>>
>>The "Eastern principality" would include all the other groups. Barony
Steppes,
>>Barony Raven's Fort, Barony Stargate, Barony Loch Soillier, and Barony
>>Bordermarch. This would give that principality 5 baronies, as well as 9
other
>>groups.
>>
>>So, in this scenario the "Central and Southern" regions no longer exist.
>>
>>More food for thought!
>>

>>I remain...
>>
>>...your Right, Good, servant.
>>
>>Sir Kief av Kiersted.
>>

>>"Better the Hammer than the nail..."
>>

>>ONE KINGDOM...ONE PEOPLE!
>
>This works much better, but still leaves much of the present Western Region
>without the Barony which gives them support.  Why not put Bonwicke in the
>western principality, which would give both the eastern and western
>principalities four baronies each?  However, I would still prefer no
>principalities.

One of the problems with putting Bonwick in the Western Principality is
that leaves the northern principality with to small of a population base to
be viable.  Remember that the Stargate-Loch area and the Steppes-Elfsea
area each have over 3 million people to draw upon.  The entire northern
region has less than 3 million people to draw on.  When you look at the
size and the potential for growth of the groups in question the Oklahoma
area (8 at present) has the potential for maybe 2 more groups in the not to
distance future.  When you add in Barony of Bonwick, Shire of Adlesruhe,
and Shire of Brad Leah that brings to number 11 current groups.  That would
be about the minimum number (considering group sizes) required to maintain
and grow the area.

My original thoughts would have been to split the Kingdom north--south at a
line just south of Emerald Keep.  This would make to strong Principalities
each with large populations to draw upon.

>I would like to state that I have seen no postings which seemed to me to be
>personal attacks against me or anyone else.
>Alan
>V. Allan Endel, Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum of House Mac an Ghabhann and
>Keep of
>the Haunted Grove, resident of Dragonsfire Tor and the Barony of Elfsea
>
>Support freedom of speech on the internet.  Allow children on the information
>superhighway only if accompanied by a responsible adult!

Burke McCrory
Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
burkemc at ionet.net