Thoughts and Questions

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Wed Sep 25 23:16:08 PDT 1996

Dia duit!

Mitchell, Paul wrote in a message to All:

 MP> Galen replies to Lionardo Acquistapace:

>It's
>not like anyone has said "We will now have Principalities and there
>will be no discussion about it! We are just doing it, so there!"
>Nobody I have seen has said that, although a few people have almost
>assumed that to be the case.

 MP> Quite true.  I don't quite understand why you mention it.

Well, in Loch Soilleir, we were given to understand that the Crown could, and
would, force Principalities if they so chose.  That quite changed the tone of
the discussion.  Most people ended up voting for it because (based on
discussions with some as we broke up) it would be good for us in the long run
and not because it would solve the problems (Crown travel burden, crowded
calendar, bureaucratic efficiency) it was being proposed as a solution for
(which it won't).

>> - Galen of Bristol,
>>who's not sure why he cares about this...
>
>Well, if you could answer that I know I'd appreciate knowing why you
>feel it is so important. There were issues brought up about
>Principalities I had never thought of before, any answers to this
>question would be appreciated as well. For now, though, I don't see
>where who brought it up is relevant to the heart of the issue.

 MP> I guess it would have to be because I love Ansteorra, and I feel
 MP> that its  growth has not reached the point where it can support
 MP> three principalities  without severe damage to the game we play
 MP> here.

My sentiments as well (as are the continuation of your post, which i've snipped
for the sake of brevity.)

Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
Dobharchu Herald