Principalities

Burke McCrory bmccrory at mercury.oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Sep 26 07:44:08 PDT 1996

At 12:27 AM 9/26/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Dia duit!
>
>Burke McCrory  wrote in a message to All:
>
> BM> As to Principality awards that are non-precedential, I
> BM> don't think that the coronet of one principality would need to
> BM> approval of another.
>
>Burke, think back to Ansteorra's days as a Principality.  Do you really think
>Sean, Randall, or Simonn would have sat still for a Prince of Meridies or the
>Outlands giving someone a Gilded Thorn?

True enough, but wasn't the Gilded Torn an Ansteorran Principality award?
I was thinking that the Prince of X could give the subject who lived in
Principality y the Principality x award because subject y had done so much
work in Principality X.  Much like Simon's receiving the Baronial awards
for Bjornsborg and BrynGwlad even though he never lived in those Baronies.

>If the Prince of A gives a resident of the Principality of B the Award of
the X
>of A, the Prince of B will likely approve.  However, if the Prince of A gives
>the resident of B the Award of the Y of B without first getting the Prince of
>B's permission, then the Prince of B is going to be hollering to the Crown to
>restrain his brother Prince from usurping his (B's) authority and
perogatives.

> BM> If approval was required they could simple
> BM> get the crown to give it.
>
>And if the Crown gives the Prince of A permission to usurp the Prince of B's
>authority, then the Prince of B *and* the Prince of C are going to be raising
>holy hell.
>
>Each Prince is going to expect a certain level of autonomy within his own
>domain, otherwise, what's the point of being Prince.
>
>Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
>Dobharchu Herald

Burke McCrory
Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald