FW: Principalities...again

Koch, KA Kimberly 4384 KochKA at gvl.esys.com
Thu Sep 26 12:10:45 PDT 1996

My Dear Sir Galen,

As usual you have submitted many well-thought and inspired arguments on your
decision against Principalites.  Unfortunately you have failed to convince
me
on several points.

One is your argument that tournies would suffer because people would be
disinclined to travel outside of thier regions.  I beg to differ.  Would
someone not go to Steppes Warlord just because it was in the Central Region?

Would Lyonness be any less attended?  I doubt it greatly.  Distinguished
Tourneys would remain so.  Some of the most enjoyable events I know of
(Moonschadowe Guardian, Elfsea Spring Faire, Black Oak Keep Championship to
name a few) are lightly attended and usually conflict with a larger event
somewhere else.  I would hope that people from the home Principality would
think more about supporting an event within the Region.  My point being that
I don't feel that the more established events would suffer greatly and the
smaller events may get more recognition.

Another point you have made is that a gentle in pursuit of a Peerage would
be
tempted to remain within their own Principality.  Were I asked my opinion of
this my thoughts as a Peer would be that a candidate should travel just as
much throughout the Kingdom as is done now.  Drachenwald was a special case
but there should be no excuse in Ansteorra.  Point being, I see no
difference
in my evaluation of a candidate.

There are other points which I intend to make in a future letter but one of
the most important aspects that make me support Principalities is that it
sounds FUN!  There is so much doom-saying about how this or that will be
affected but think of the excitement that will be generated when the
populace
is debating upon a new name for the area, or the armory.  As I stated
earlier, Ansteorra has become Middle-Aged (pun intended) and we spend too
much time arguing over matters instead of growing.  Be excited about the
coming of a new generation!

Okay, I'm off my stump now.

I eagerly look forward to the responses which I hope will be generated by
this.

Yers,

Gunthar