Nice wetha wa havin, eh???

Lisa Carter zkr26 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Mon Apr 28 07:55:28 PDT 1997

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Dieterich wrote:

> Dieterich hier,
>
> Would anyone who went to Octavian please let us know how the event went?
> Since the rest of the events in our *fair* Kingdom got rained out, I'd
> really like to hear about y'alls good time.  How was Maxs knighting?
> Anything fancy for the ceremony?  Who else got awards?  Who won the tourney?
> Who fought well?  Did the tent solve all the weather problems?

Well, (not to rub salt in an open wound :-D), it went great!  We had
about 100 gentle attend.  22 entered the rapier list and 18-20 entered the
heavy.  we had two field running at the same time so I did not have the
opportunity to watch the heavy.  The light went well...beautiful
fighting.  Drake has informed me that the heavy was the same.  The rain
stopped for the tournament and started up after both lists were done -
the sun came out once...when the autocrat began to speak....strange!  L.
Aness was our saving grace when she allowed us to have court and feast in
her 4000 square foot home.  Court was long - we did not get to give out
the awards we wanted  o the morning because weather and hindered Their
majesties...but we were warm and dry and feed.  Thank you lady Aness!  As
you have seen Sir Burke won heavy, Don Horoun won rapier and Max's
knighting was wonderful!  thank you to everyone who came and braved the
weather.  You all helped to make our first defender tournament memorable.

Kayleigh