Nice wetha wa havin, eh???

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 07:28:48 PDT 1997

>the sun came out once...when the autocrat began to speak....strange!

This is not strange in Ansteorra. An entertaining story follows-  Nine
Worthies 2, I believe, when the Iron Rose sat on the Throne and Dule Hector
was her consort, was the wettest event I have seen in my years in the
Society.  Torrential rains and high winds on Friday night drowned the site
and blew just about every tent and pavillion into Meridies.  Through heroic
efforts of everybody on site, the place was put back in order by Sat. morning
even though the rain continued to fall at about an inch an hour.  Everyone
was standing under the pavillions and talking about cancelling the event,
when the Iron Rose, ran out into the rain, stood on a hay bale and stated:" I
came here to see fighting, and you came here to fight.  Are we as
Ansteorran's going to let a little rain stop us?  I will stand out in this
rain until I rust, if you will fight for me!". Just as she said this, the
rain stopped.  Fifteen minutes later the sun came out and the day was a
success.  Everybody, I mean everybody, was commenting on the wonderous power
of the Crown to control the weather.

Baron Bors of Lothian   Baron Loch Soillier OST, SC, ST,ST  and real nice guy
  Par Deu, bel sire, cist est de ae vostre lin,
  Et si mangue un grant braun porcin
  Et a dous traitz beit un cester de vin.
  Ben dure guete deit il rendre a sun veisin.