gypsies

Robyn Bainter robyn at eden.com
Wed Apr 30 08:13:09 PDT 1997

> A good recent book that has just come out is called "Bury Me Standing".  I
> can get the name of the author and publisher if need be.  There is also a
> world renown authority on the Rom at University of Texas here in Austin
> where I work.  His name is Dr. Ian Hancock, his e-mail address is
> xulaj at mail.utexas.edu.  He is of English Traveler or Rom descent.  I
> recommend you read the book and then maybe contact Dr. Hancock.  The woman
> who wrote the book spent a considerable amount of time researching and
> making contacts.

I meant to ask you when you sent this and just found it again in my mailbox,
have you ever read Dr. Hancock's book "The Pariah Syndrom"?  I took his
class as an elective and found it to be an interesting mixture of public
and private information.  He was telling us how private the Rom are but also
was telling us information about the Rom.  I thought I still had my class
notes but of course I can't find those.  Anyways, if you haven't read
his book, I do have a copy of it if you would like to borrow it.  (The book
is no longer in print.)

Robyn/Myfanwy