ANST - Long Courts & Oaths

Angus mac Taggart/Rik Packham aquinas at eden.com
Mon Aug 4 11:53:08 PDT 1997

> > how many rapier combatants out there consider themselves
"swashbucklers"?

> Don Robin of Gilwell, I think, likes the term.  I'm pretty sure
> he prefers it to "light fighter", and maybe to "rapier fighter".

Works for me, though I really do not have any say so since I am not a light
fighter/rapier fighter/swashbuckler (yet???). The term "swashbuckler" flows
smoothly from my tongue, while "light fighter" and "rapier fighter" fights
its way out of my mouth (no pun intended cause I'm a herald and I do not
pun, I cant ;-).

Angus