ANST - largesse

Richard L. Rohde talen at microtutors.com
Fri Aug 8 13:05:21 PDT 1997

Sir Gunthar is correct.  I cherish that large piece of cherry amber,
and many drool over it when they see it.  To the best of my
recollection, it was my first largesse, my first piece of amber, and I
made a necklace out of it and various other beads. When I dress for
court or populace I almost always wear it.  It's as much a part of my
"awards" as my comet or crane.  I also had a wonderful time in that
fight, but only got to the beginning of the second verse of "Song of
the Shield Wall"  before Sir Gunthar took my arm and I yielded.

Another piece of "largesse" that I cherish almost as much is my
"doofus" that H.E. Master Korwyn and his Lady Silvan gave to me at
Mikael & Mikaela's last Coronation.  I had been serving the head table
at the time.  Though of little intrinsic value, it means a lot to me as
I value their opinions.  It's true that the actual largesse is less
important than the fact that it was received and who gave it.  Those
times are the fabric of the tapestry called "the Dream".

Of course, the largesse our Kings & Queens have given to me over the
years in the form of awards I treasure as well.  Thank you to TRM
Hector I & Rowan I, TRM Mikael II & Rebekah II, HRM William, TRM Galen
& Rebekkah, and TRM Mahdi & Valeria.  You have been most generous.

Talen
--------
Centurion Talen Gustaf von Marienburg, Kriegsherr von Nordsteorra
Falcon, AOA, Comet, Crane, CSS
Personal E-mail: talen at microtutors.com
Centurion Web Site:  http://www.microtutors.com/css/css.htm