ANST - Largesse

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Aug 8 07:42:44 PDT 1997

Heilsa!

The most impressive largess I've seen given and given myself:

The best thing I ever gave away was just recently:  I offered a carved faux
ivory reliquary box at the last LPT for an impressive piece of Viking
static art.  I didn't find what I was looking for there, so I reoffered it
for an impressive piece of Viking static art to be presented at the next
Lyonnesse. The not-yet-but-almost-Mistress Penelope brought a gorgeous
reproduction of the Oseburg bed (that's a bed from the famous Oseburg ship
burial) where she had not only reproduced the carvings, but done in-depth
research to determine the fairly unique construction method for the bed.  I
sincerely hope that she plans to publish plans somewhere, like maybe T.I.!

Then, Penelope *donated* the bed as a prize for the Arts and Sciences at
Lyonnesse.  I had to grovel, beg, threaten and cajole, but I finally got
the recipient to agree to let me have the bed and I would make something
else for them!

And if Penelope was not already being impressive enough by making and
giving away the bed, at Steppes Warlord, she gave away a Savonarola chair
that she had handcrafted to the Steppes to be used as a prize as well!

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)