ANST - Drums

Frank D. Jurgens jurgens at ghg.net
Fri Dec 12 15:57:36 PST 1997

George:

If you are carving this from a peice of uncured lumber, try putting it in a
sealed bag with a damp towel.  This should keep the moisture content up
until you are done.  Make sure that the bag is big enough so that when set
aside, the towel and the drum do not touch.  Basically, keeping it in any
sealed container with a source of moisture will work.

If you are using uncured (green) wood, you will have a problem with it
cracking as it dries out after you are finished.  Depending on the
orientation of the grain, it may also deform out of shape.

I hope this helps

Leofric Ealdricson

(Frank Jurgens
 jurgens at ghg.net)