ANST - Crown's Favors and Kingdom Law...

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Tue Dec 23 08:40:30 PST 1997

Galen here!

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
>   I get my January Blackstar last night and now I have a few questions
>   regarding awards and Kingdom Law.
>
>   I admit that I am not an expert on Kingdom Law, but I do have a basic
>   understanding. I *thought* that for new awards to be made, they had to
>   be announced in Court, signed by the appropriate folks and published
>   in the Blackstar. Is that so?

They have to be _published_.  So if it's in the new Kingdom Law book
when
it comes out, it's been published.

>   The reason I ask is that the Crown's Favors, which got "buys" into Gulf
>   War (way cool for them!), didn't get published this month. I don't
>   know if they can get published next month under Kein and Alisha or
>   not. If they can't, it means that they were only good for 30 days or
>   at most the length of the reign. It is then up to their Heirs to redo
>   the award and publish it into Law if they so choose.

If there weren't a new book coming out, it could still be published next
month over Kein & Alisha's signatures.

>   Am I just being worrisome about this?

Yes, you are.

I thought it was a good idea and
>   don't want to see it just fade away.

No doubt Their Majesties feel the same way; which is why they'll do
what's
need to ensure that their Royal Acts don't just fade away with the end
of
their reign.  As you are well aware, they've put a lot of work into this
reign, and it wasn't so that they could watch their mark be erased
automatically
for failure to properly write it down.

>   Btw, I saw that Kingdom Law went to press. I'm glad to hear that, but
>   sad that I didn't get one final pass through it. *evil grin* After
>   all, now my curiousity and anal retentiveness are not satisfied. I
>   guess I have to wait until it shows up in my mailbox. Btw, are we
>   gonna get an electronic format as well?
>
> Ciao,

- Galen of Bristol, Pel.
long-ago Kingdom Seneschal