ANST - Deficiency in Ansteorran Law? (was: Jafar's passing)

Karie Mitchell kac2688 at utarlg.uta.edu
Sun Dec 28 08:03:28 PST 1997

Galen here.

My condolences to the family and friends of Scott Hall, aka HRH Jafar,
on his tragic death.

But I noticed something I found curious in the announcement.

> Her Highness will need even more
> support over the next few weeks and months leading up to Her Coronation.
> Jafar asked Us, should anything happen to him, to do everything We can to see
> Kenna through Her Reign. We now ask you to help Us fulfill His wishes.

His Crown Princess, HRH Kenna, will be crowned and will rule alone as
Queen of the Middle.  I was quite surprised; I had expected that the
Crown Tourney would be re-fought.  But I checked Midrealm Law and lo,
it specifies that when either the Crown Prince or Princess can't
fulfill their duties, the other continues alone.

I checked Ansteorran Law and found that this contingency, a Crown
Prince or Princess unable or unwilling to begin, much less complete,
the reign, isn't covered.  Do we re-fight the tourney?  Does the
remaining one continue alone?  It doesn't say, except in the case
in which one of them wasn't properly a member when Crown Tourney
was fought (then, we re-fight the Crown Tourney).

I don't much care which way we go, but it should be covered
it law.  Burke?  Artorius?  Does the new law address this?
If not, do you agree that it should?

- Galen of Bristol
pmitchel at flash.net