ANST - Deficiency in Ansteorran Law? (was: Jafar's passing)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Dec 28 19:35:32 PST 1997

Paul Mitchell said something that sounded like:
> >   a. In the event that one member of the Crown is unwilling or unable to
> >   complete the Reign, the remaining member of the Crown shall assume all
> >   powers and duties of the Crown for the remainder of the Reign.
> The "Crown" is the Sovereign and the Consort, the King and Queen, not
> their heirs, the Crown Prince & Princess.

I unfortunately have not had time to go read Corpora tonight, but nowhere
in Ansteorran Law does it say that the "Crown" has to be crowned as two
people. It does state that there must be a Crown Prince and Princess
though; just not for how long. It does state that there must be a
Sovereign and Consort, but that one individual can do it if the other
person is no longer willing/able.

NOTE: There are ways written in that you could say they are forfeit and
thus have to refight the list. I am truly not trying to be in bad taste
here; I am just pointing out the loopholes.

1) Sufficient income is no longer maintained by the individual who is
   incapacitated/dead.
2) The person who is incapacitated/dead is probably not able to rapidly
   and regularly communicate. NOTE: It doesn't state they are required
   to have a phone such as Great Officers of State are.
3) Current fighter authorization is probably no longer valid if the
   "Sovereign" is the person incapacitated/dead.

Of course it depends on where they are buried, if dead, on if they are
within the Kingdom for the next 9 months.

I am still of the opinion that the Order of Succession covers it well
enough since it states nowhere that 2 individuals must be Crowned as
Sovereign and Consort. *If* we add that 2 individuals must be Crowned,
or Corpora states such, then we should have a contingency.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "If you don't worry 'bout the future
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   sooner or later it's the past