ANST - Deficiency in Ansteorran Law? (was: Jafar's passing)

RAISYA RAISYA at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 07:57:23 PST 1997

I THINK one of the reasons that the MidRealm may cover this instance
specifically was Duchess Iselyn.  About 10 years ago, while either crown
princess or queen, she was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  I suspect it
was before her coronation (usually in May there), she was in very poor
condition at Pennsic.  Although she survived until just after the end of her
reign, that was considered something of a miracle, so I suspect it was during
this period that the specific clause was added.

However, I don't believe MidRealm sovreigns are allowed to simply "divorce" a
consort so they can reign alone, if that was what was being suggested.  There
have been a couple of reigns there when the king and queen really separated,
at least once rather nastily, they simply attended different events when
possible.  It worked out.

In the midst of these questions, though, I don't think we should lose sight of
the fact that our friends in the MidRealm need our good wishes and support
right now.  They have lost one of their best.

Raisya Khorivovna