ANST - Baldar Blunts

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Dec 8 12:55:17 PST 1997

harry billings wrote:

> >Plachoya Sobaka declared:
> >
> >> On a personal note I would like to see the rules changed to allow for
> >> authorizing as a combat archer period and you have to pass armor inspection
> >> for the style of combat being fought heavy or light, but that is just my
> wish.
> >
> Ansteorra alows archery on the rapier melee field so in a sense there is
> "light" archery. But as to having "light" archery I am not authorized to
> fight with the weapon style being fought NO there is not "light" archery in
> Ansteorra. You may put the SCA approved whith domond on your helm/mask that
> says you may not be struck but you still have to authorize for the style of
> combat being fought.

I guess I wasn't very clear. I have authorized in both rapier and armored
combat in Ansteorra. My question was more along the lines of, are there
special armor rules in addition to those of normal rapier combat in order
to do archery in a rapier scenerio? Are there different requirements for
the bows or quarrels for a rapier archery scenerio than for those
weapons used in an armored archery event?

And is this ever done in Ansteorra? I don't remember seeing any archery
involving rapier combatants, but perhaps I've just missed those that
were held.

I was not making a distinction of whether there was a "dead at ten feet"
rule or not or whether the archer could carry a secondary weapon.

Stefan li Rous