ANST - Jafar Update Final - Sad News from the Midrealm

Deborah Dixon Walker dcdixon at pobox.com
Sat Dec 27 09:37:32 PST 1997

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:55:47 -0500 (EST)
From: palymar at iquest.net
Subject: [Mid] Jafar Update Final

Greetings to all to whom this missive comes,

It is with a sad heart and tearful eyes that We must send these words.

At approximately 1:30am Saturday morning Dec 27th His Royal Highness Jafar
al-Safa, Knight of the Society and Master of the Pelican, passed from this
world.  His condition began to deteriorate at around 8:30pm Friday night and
He never recovered.  The doctors did all they could, but the damage from His
illness proved to be too great.

There were many of Jafar's loved ones at the hospital.  Both from his family
and members of the SCA.  We pulled him through a couple of rough times, but
his destiny lay on another path.

Her Highness wishes to thank everyone who cared for Jafar and sent well
wishes and good thoughts.  You were the strength that helped Her get through
these last few weeks.

We would beg a boon of each and every one of you that reads these words or
hears of them.  Please don't stop now.  Her Highness will need even more
support over the next few weeks and months leading up to Her Coronation.
Jafar asked Us, should anything happen to him, to do everything We can to
see Kenna through Her Reign.  We now ask you to help Us fulfill His wishes.

We thank you all again for your support up to now and in the coming months.
We will forward information concerning the funeral arrangements as soon as
We have the details.

We remain in Service,

TRM Palymar and Aislinn

From:  palymar at iquest.net