ANST - Deficiency in Ansteorran Law? (was: Jafar'

tbuxton at goedel.cc.colorado.edu tbuxton at goedel.cc.colorado.edu
Sun Dec 28 10:10:11 PST 1997

Outlands Kingdom law appears to cover this situation, but to do so in the
Ansteorran gentleman's expected fashion:

IV. Succession of the Crown
G. If the prospective Sovereign shall abdicate or be disqualified, the
Crown shall call a new Crown Tournament as soon as one may reasonably and
legally be announced and published in the Kingdom newsletter. This shall
determine a new couple to be invested as Crown Prince and Princess at the
court following the lists. The abdicated/disqualified prospective
Sovereign may not participate in this tournament. If the prospective
Consort shall abdicate or be disqualified, the prospective or new
Sovereign shall choose a new Consort who meets the qualifications as
stated in Section III.D.
(from http://members.iex.net/~norseman/outlands/outlaw96.html#IV )

Kingdom law indicates that if the Sovereign cannot complete the reign, the
Consort becomes Sovereign (and selects a new Consort), and the Earl
Marshall supervises the field.

However, the only thing it says about a Crown Prince(ss) being unable to
become Sovereign is the above.
I do not know if "abdicate or be disqualified" would apply to the current
situation in the Middle, however.

Timothy O'Brien