Subject: Boy's Life blurb

Hugh Niewoehner hughn at ssd.fsi.com
Wed Feb 5 23:58:23 PST 1997

Gnith,

>Someone should find the highest ranking Peer who was also a Boy Scout
>(Eagle, preferably), and have HIM contact the BSA. Negotiate for an
>ARTICLE on the SCA (which we naturally provide, along with color
>photographs) which shows the athletic/educational/service aspects of our
>international organization in a positive light.

With respect to this comment I think the northern region has a great
report with the Scouts.  The Cleveland OK site is a Boy Scout ranch
and Ranger Roger seems to get along well with us.   I believe both
Moonschadowe and Northkeep have had on going discussions about the
installation of perminant improvements to the site designed with us
in mind but usable by the scouts.
Also, my ladies brother is a perminant Boy Scout.  When the scout
ranch decided last summer to do a month on the theme of knights and
chivalry, he came over asked questions and borrowed a number of our books to get
ideas.  The scout council then built a castle section which he said he
designed specifically to be able to take the abuse of the SCA as well
as the kids.  This leads me to think that camp may be open to
approach as a site as well.
Finally, I don't know about other areas of the kingdom but Northkeep's
spring schedule is flooded with requests to demo at annual Blue and
Gold dinners for scout groups.

    Damon