cloven fruit

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Thu Feb 6 08:05:23 PST 1997

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Heidi J Torres wrote:
> > Ok, I can see your point. But I'm going to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my original
> > comment a little and say presenting someone with a soggy tomato of
> > cloves does not meet my original "properly presented" requirement.

I am rather enjoying this.  The last itme I saw a cloved fruit was at a
wInterkingdom at least 4 years ago, I think it was five.  Someone had
taught a course called "the Pleasures of the Cloved Fruit", and I had
wondered how pomade balls could be that much fun.  Then one of our friends
showed up to feast with this gorgeous creation.  The lemon in question had
ribbons and a bow and maybe even spangly things as well as the required
cloves.  Much classier than the all-clove orange I made for my mother
years ago, I must say.  It really was much to pretty to pass, so we used
it as a centerpiece at feast.

Kateryn
Grimfells