feast comments

Ray Katz scurlock at io.com
Wed Feb 12 11:58:16 PST 1997

Clarissa,

For what it is worth, His Majesty was overwhelmed with the quality of
your feast.  Your recipes go well beyond the usual bread, cheese,
soup, and broiled meat that is served up most of the time.  My
experience with your food is that people come to our event expecting
the usual SCA fare, and leave feeling that they have experienced
something special.

As for comments about specific recipes, the onion soup may taste a bit
odd to those who are not accquainted with dishes containing
significant amouts of wines.  Wine sauces are a different matter, of
course, because the rest of the food in the recipe tends to absorb
the wine and affect the flavor.  This does not seem to be the case
with a soup stock.  This is not necessarily any criticism,
(personally, I like your onion soup) it's just an observation.

In any case, thank you once again for another excellent feast!

                                             Jeremy