Winning at Gulf War

Phillip Stallcup STALPL at integris-health.com
Mon Feb 24 10:37:43 PST 1997

Ok,
	I think some of this is really getting out of hand.  I don't think any
of us can say "Oh, we're going to war" and leave it at that, that is not the
nature of our Kingdom. Ansteorrans are known for our fighting prowess, but that
is not our be all or end all of our existence either mundane or SCA. We go to
win, and it isn't just on the list field, as I'm sure any who are going to
enter the A&S portion will tell you. We go to war to win, and after winning we
will help pick up our valiant opponents and comrades, and forge more lasting
bonds off the field by partying each in our own fashion. However, if we are the
fallen, then we will help pick up our valiant opponents and comrades and forge
more lasting bonds off the field by partying each in our own way. I feel that
being Ansteorran isn't about winning, although everyone would agree that it's
very nice, but it's about acting the same win or lose. I don't base my
enjoyment of this game by if I win or lose, for there will always be someone
out there that is better than I am (right now there are a lot better than I :)
), and if my only goal is to win win win, then I will end up quitting and
missing the most important parts of this great dream.

Llygoden Llwyd