Announcing the Printing Press...

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Wed Feb 26 08:14:41 PST 1997

Good my lord:

> One of the reason not to have the Black Star on line that I have
> heard is that only perverts, porno nut, sex offerneds, etc. use the
> web.

Er, hello?  Heard from where?  From who?  And you believed it?

Excuse me, good sir, but I use the Web for research at work.  I work
at a major law school.  I use the Web to find out what my favorite
author is getting ready to publish.  I use it for research on my
historical novels-to-be.

 I can not control what others think. The way I look at it using
> the web is some thing I do becouse it make life easier some times.
> If some one wants to call me any of the above names I tell them
> don't forget baby killer and rapiest, after all, all Vietnam
> veterans are guilty of that. Just dig up old news footage after Mai
> Li (sp). Yes I was their in '66. Plachoya Sobaka a most
> insignificant archer in Ravens Fort Kingdon of Ansteorra

I'm not really sure what the final paragraph has to do with the
topic, but your first sentence, you cannot control what others think,
is dead on.  However, information can be used and presented in
a positive way, and it is to the SCA's advantage to get on the
information superhighway.  We're not an "underground" organization,
and we don't want to hide.

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands