I'm new to SCA and the l

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Feb 26 09:50:57 PST 1997

Danielle the Midwife declared:
>>  Upon initial contact, it would be
>>explained what to expect and what to wear.

>Great idea. Especially for someone new like me. At the beginning of my
>first meeting, I kept saying I'm lost. I still am. But now I'm having fun
>being lost. Can't wait til my first weekend event. What are those things
>called?

You might be interested in looking at some of the files in my SCA Rialto
Files. For instance, the NEWCOMER'S section has these files:

4-newcomers-msg   (23K)  1/ 2/97    Comments directed at SCA newcomers.
callig-beg-msg     (9K)  3/12/96    Hints for beginning calligraphers.
courtesy-msg      (32K)  1/19/96    Courtesy guidelines in the SCA and
period.
                                       Hand-kissing and bowing.
names-FAQ         (14K)  5/ 8/96    Choosing and registering names in the
SCA.
SCA-courtesy-art  (14K)  5/22/96    Courtesy guidelines by Ioseph of
Locksley.
SCA-intro-art     (23K) 11/14/95    An Introduction to the SCA.
SCA-Rialto-FAQ    (50K)  6/21/96    SCA FAQ list from the Rialto
(rec.org.sca).

These files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I also have sections on ARCHERY, ANIMALS, BEVERAGES, CULTURES, COMBAT,
FOOD, TEXTILE ARTS, PERSONAS, SCA STORIES, PENNSIC, PERFORMANCE ARTS and
a number of others.

Hope you find this collection useful. Please feel free to send me email if
you have any questions about the SCA. If I can't answer the questions I'll
direct you to some one who can.

We usually just call weekend events, "events".

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

PS: It would be helpful to indicate your local area as well as your email
address inside your message.