Putting foot in mouth

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Feb 26 07:56:01 PST 1997

On 26 Feb 97 at 15:03, Baronman at aol.com wrote:

>   BINGO- Somebody got it right, out there in SCA land.  Finally
> someone opened the door for my next tirade ( are you listening
> Galen?).  For many people in the SCA within this Kingdom, the SCA
> is not  an  "Educational Recreation Group", it is a way of life.
> ...  I know I'm going to get flamed massively for this, but I got
> strong shoulders.

no flames from this end, only a great deal of understanding ... you
will definitely hit a nerve on that topic, but it's like a disesaed
tooth - it's always the most sensitive and becomes more so until it's
removed.

it's also the reason why i have *many* close friends (including at
least three "belts") who walked away from the "game that was reality"
long ago to productive lives in the real-world ...

'wolf
... a watcher and recorder for many, many years